26th AUGUST

Photo clicked on 5th birthday
It was 26th August, the last Saturday of the Shravan Maas (also of August). My mom was then staying at Mama's home in Andheri as per the pre-delivery rituals. She was rushed to Namrata hospital in morning for her labour pain had started. I came in this world at 2.20pm: after staying for nine months and seven days in her womb, kicking her, making her carry two and a half kilo extra, giving her immense pain, wrapped in her blood, giving extra cuts and stitches to her due credit to my big head, etc. I was the first child and specially a girl child. Some did make comments, but I was welcomed. My eyes were dark brown, my nose was like some elephant was stamped on it and no hair at all on my head. Now I do not remember whether my Papa already decided what would my career be in future just like the 3 Idiots movie. Mummy would definitely had thought that she has to take one more chance in next few years for a baby boy. Women do undergo such pressure even today. During school days, I eagerly waited for 26th August for wearing new dress and becoming star of the day standing in front of the whole class and friends singing "Happy Birthday to you! May God bless you!" song and then distributing éclairs to all. During college, it was a bit different.  I used to give party from my pocket money to close friends. Sometimes we had sandwich party, sometimes noodles, sometimes franky. While in CDAC the course itself started in August so not many people knew me. My birthday was a quiet one in 2011. Now in office we have to distribute chocolates and colleagues come on my desk to wish me. A friend made birthday card is put on billboard, with a flower and Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut. Once there was a cake cutting celebration due credit to Starfish team. Today its 26th August again. One more trip completed around the sun, climbing many steep slopes in my life journey, having many ups and downs through seasons, making new friends and yes meeting a lot of old friends after many years, writing voraciously about my experiences in the virtual diary and a lot more. There was just one disappointing thing for I was unable to find that special person. But its anyways fine. You always cannot get all the gifts which you wish for; all you can do is just hope!.

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Read Recent Experience