CDAC: My Second Home (Part Eleven)


Background: 

I already said that CDAC: Part Ten is the last one. But you always have a friend who reminds you that “No, this cannot be the last one.” So here I am writing the next part and now I won’t say this is the last one. We completed CDAC course in July and started working in our companies from August. The course completion certificate required clearing all the exams with given minimum marks. All fairly cleared the quizzes and projects. Like we have the ATKT concepts in college, we could give the pending MGPA with the next batch. So the courageous friends of mine, Namrata, Pratik, Tijo and Niket decided to reappear only for the MGPA which they did not clear during our Regular and Re-MGPA. 

The next batch exams dates were out. Namrata and Pratik cleared C MGPA. Then it was Java MGPA which Niket, Tijo and Pratik appeared for because the Magic Matrix did not make magic for them. They cleared the MGPA and they were so happy that “At last, it’s over!!” But actually it was not over. We had to apply for the course completion certificate, so Niket and Tijo went to submit the application. In the Admin room, these guys got to know that they had to clear all the three MGPAs within that year. It did not matter what you cleared earlier. That means they must appear and clear for all three MGPAs now. Now what, no point arguing! All four gave the DS MGPA and cleared it. Again the wait for Re-MGPA of the next batch!

I got my certificate, then why was I waiting for the Re-MGPA! There’s a story to this also. As usual CDAC had New Year celebrations on 31.12.2012 and I and Ranjith got the toppers trophies that day. I could not go to the event. Ranjith and Niket did go. Ranjith received both the trophies. Then from 01.01.2013 I have been following up with him, “Meri trophy mujhe de de Ranjith” And I have been getting the answer “Teri trophy bechdi Bhangaar-wale ko” But he did keep the trophy safe. If he wouldn’t have done that then I would have killed him. I remembered the Re-MGPA. Ranjith, Niket and Tijo stay in the same house. So definitely they can carry my trophy to CDAC and I get a chance to meet them and also get my trophy. So I was also waiting for the Re-MGPA.


12.05.2013: Meeting CDAC friends again… 

Finally, the day arrived. Once again I was going to CDAC (Journey to CDAC). Before boarding the train at Virar, I called up Niket and reminded about the trophy. To this again Ranjith said, “Arey, usko MGPA k liye toh all the best bol” I replied, “Arey, main toh un sabko support karne k sidhe CDAC jaa rahi hu, tu toh gharpe baitha hai lazy!” I really miss the fighting with Rancho now. Ok back to the main topic. By the time I reached CDAC, the exam had already started. I signed in to the security register. Security uncle said, “Pranita (they still remember me by name), exam already start ho chuka. Par tumhara toh koi exam baki nahi tha (he even remembers this!)” I replied, “Friends se milne aayi hu, unko surprise dene...” Then he asked about CDACians at Asian Paints. “How is Amey, Santosh, Madhura?” I said “All are fine, and we do miss CDAC” 

I entered my second home. Memories flashback, there was a big smile on my face, my eyes were wide open and started watering after a while. Mock interviews were going on for the DAC students. I could figure this out from the formals; we did the same during our Mock. My friends were in the Computer lab. I just looked in through the glass door. Again, flashback of memories! I went to the Canteen; met Ravindra Sir and Saroj Ma’am there. I had a talk over a cup of chai.  I could not meet chef Birje kaka, he was not there that day. Then I thought of capturing all the CDAC memories in my camera. I have already posted most of them in the blogs. I was wandering alone and clicking all over the CDAC campus. When all this was done, I came back on the stairs. These stairs gave me company whenever I was thinking alone.
Did you see the little bird there?
Alright zoomed it, such birds used to meet me in the balcony. Captured one in my cam today!
I guess the Mock Interviews were over. All those DAC students came out in groups. They wanted to click photos. Like it happens every time; if I click photos I won’t be in those. So they were figuring out. “Kaun banega Photographer” I volunteered, “Shall I click photos?” I got the Nikon and we started off. Whatever age we are, can’t help making horns on our friend’s head!! I clicked many photos, capturing the emotions of those moments (which once even I felt). After those many clicks I said, “Now let’s take some serious ones” To these one of them from the front row said, “Serious ones means, Pichewale humko shendi laga rahe the!!” One of them from the back row said to me, “I would have gifted you for not saying this” To this the earlier one said, “I will gift you for saying this” And they shifted places so that all have the friend-made horns in the pics. At last there were done with the photo shoot. Seriously learning photography was always on my wish list.

Still none of my friends were out. I was worried now. If they did not clear, then my surprise party plans were doomed. I even bought snacks of Ratnagiri for them. I met Shekhar Sir, “Is the question very difficult, none of my friends have cleared yet.” Sir said, “There is still time they will definitely clear it.” I was done with the newspaper puzzles and this was going on “Tum yaha kaise” “Friends se milne” I was dying to meet them, looked at the lab door many times. Atlast Niket and Tijo came out. “What a sigh of relief! I was never so happy even while clearing my MGPT” After the initial exclamations, which come out when we actually meet friends, we did sit on the sofa-sets and talked a lot. Other students from current batch were also there. 

These guys remembered the trophy (I completely forgot of it the moment I entered CDAC); they brought it so safely through the train crowd. And then the award giving scene, “Award goes to” “How do you feel holding this trophy (after five and a half months)?” I was speechless; excited; happy. Then came out “My smiley ball: Sharvari” Even she cleared it. We both were so loud; she got a pleasant surprise. And the talks continued. Niket got a call from Ranjan, to which I answered. I was convincing him that you have dialed a wrong number; but I guess he figured out it was me. In no time he jumped from Khandeshwar to CDAC to join us all. “Group mein ManoRanjan toh banta hai!” We were waiting for Salman and Abhishek, they did not clear. Hard luck!
Main, Meri Dost, Aur Meri Trophy
Abhishek, ManoRanjan, Niket, Tijo, Salman
We were on the stairs for a while. I shared snacks which were from my hometown. I reminded them to keep some for Ranjith. RJP, you really missed this day! Then we got into a van and headed towards McD. Happy meal was ordered and we were so engrossed into talking and eating and making fun that we did not click any photos. Pratik gave a surprise entry over there. He demanded that I come there for the next two Re-MGPAs also. I asked him, “Do you want to see my trophy?” He replied, “Hum teri trophy k saath already photo-shoot kar chuke hai!” All were laughing. 

Finally, after all that fun it was time to depart. Niket had to catch his bus for Bengaluru from Panvel. He had come all the way from there to here; good that he would go back to work with a successful smile. Sharvari and I took a Rick to Kharghar station; just to find that there is Mega-block. That reminded me today was Sunday. Tijo and Abhishek joined us saying, “Still you both are here!” “No trains!” Then Tijo started, “Pranita, tune kyu risk liya yaha aaneka, when you know its mega-block. Teri trophy tujh tak anyhow deliver hojati. Now tell me how are you going home? Kal office bhi jana hai” All were worried for me, I was not. I wanted to live a day at CDAC again with my friends, and today I did it and I was very very happy. We were on the platform for I don’t know how much time. At last trains started and we left Kharghar again with loads of memories.

Comments

Most Read Recent Experience