Grandparents

We get two Grandmas’ and two Grandpas’ by default. Blessed are the ones who spent their childhood with their grandparents. They take you along everywhere they go; may it be temples, shopping for daily groceries and vegetables, parks, etc. We have wonderful nights listening to bed time stories. I just cannot explain the warmth when the caring old hands move over head. Grandma will prepare all the food you love to eat. She will be with the plate behind you till you finish it. Grandpa will become the horse and carry you from this corner of the room to that corner. There is always extra to everything; their love, care, attention, etc. In this phase of life they are happy and content and consider themselves blessed to have the gift of tiny tots (grandchildren). My Grandpa always said, "When I am gone, I do not want any crying scenes. Though your parents won't stop crying, I want you all to take it normally. Remember what I told you about life". Right now both my Grandpa's are in heaven. I know they feel proud when I help other Grandparents cross the road or show directions or pick some of their luggage. One thing I have strongly inherited from both of them is playing cards. I still have Granny's with me. Both are funny though and by age they have become forgetful. Looking at my three-fourth, Granny exclaimed, "Don't you think your jean-pant is too short now!” All cousins had a LOL. One thing I want to do before I die is to visit an old age home. Instead of giving donations, I would like to spend quality time with many Grannies’ and Grandpa's; get to know what they like and be their Secret Santa. The bond between grandparents and grandchildren is very different and very special. You will always be an apple of their eyes!

Comments

Most Read Recent Experience