Lunch Breaks


Lunch breaks at school began with Ankita opening my tiffin and giving me an ultimatum to join saying, "Are you coming or I have to put the food in your mouth now!” The ladies room was our lunch place in college; spent those times with Supriya and Prajakta. Lunches in CDAC were in canteen; we called it our dining area. I used to bring everything from the counter to the table. Ranjith raising a glass was a signal to take buttermilk for Namrata. Those memorable lunch times with Litty, Sharvari, Laxmi and Namrata! Discussion on what happened in first half of the day and anything and everything. Then the campus to corporate transition! Till now my lunch groups were fixed. Now this became dynamic. Day One lunch was with CDAC senior group and then on with Namrata, Piyush and Nirgun. The discussion included mostly getting to know Asian Paints better. We included Sathiya also. Later the group size increased adding our juniors Jagruti and Madhura. Now the topics of discussion were CDAC of your times and our times and also giving reviews on anything and everything. Those late lunches with Ravindra because of issue fixing wherein we discussed about how to plan next. Mostly I had lunch with Sathiya but this changed last December. I have realised that having lunches with different folks gives a different experience. With Sridhar Sir and Praveen Sir, I got to know stories of their times in AP. Then lunches with CSK folks, learning Tamil from Sindhu, Velankanni and Arockia and loads of fun; hiding my plate with tissue paper. Lunch with the APla group has rotating tiffins. Lunches with Gayatri and group are full of runtime PJs from Kedar and Asif. The Analytics training gave me a chance to have lunch with the Wandering soul Chetna and group. We discussed on adventures and all happening things. The BPM sessions made friends with the newbies of IT. This new lot is very energetic. Last but not the least, having lunch with myself is so peaceful and also necessary. Have it once!

Comments

Most Read Recent Experience